The Joewell Classic series is one of Japan and Canada’s most popular hair-cutting scissor models. The new Serrated version of the Classic model is perfect for slow and steady detailed work, as the micro-serrated edges catch hair that might otherwise slip through the blades.
These feature a straight handle and a lightweight ergonomic design that are tailored to professional hairstylists cutting hair all day. It reduces the risk of repetitive strain injuries by putting less strain on your hands and wrist.
Joewell Classic Serrated Hair Cutting Scissors
- Price: $399 CAD
- Sizes: 4.5”, 5”, and 5.5” inches
- Types: Cutting
- Scissor Handle: Straight/Classic Ergonomics
- Steel: Supreme Stainless Alloy
- Blade: The Serrated JOEWELL Blade
- Screw: Precision Flat Screw
- Extras: Removable Finger Rest, Smooth Cutting Motion Due To Advaned Tension System & Lightweight Design
- Rating: ★★★★
- Review: We are big fans of the Classic series from Joewell, and the Serrated edition is a must have for apprentices, students, or professionals wanting to perform slower and more detailed work. The lightweight design and comfortable hand gives you a confident grip while you are focusing on precision haircutting techniques. They stand out as one of the best serrated haircutting scissors available in today’s Canadian scissor market!
The best type of hair scissor blade for cutting dry, brittle or frizzy locks is a serrated one. These teeth engage into the strands with just enough pressure so that it won’t hurt you when cutting through large sections of your client’s hair.
A Micro-serration on the scissor blade helps prevent hairs from sliding down onto other blades during motion, making this an excellent choice for Canadian apprentices, students and professionals. If you are learning how to do detail work well at slower speeds, there will be less risk of hair falling through the blades and being missed.