The HXG 20 teeth scissors are the result of over one hundred years of thinning and texturising scissor designs in Japan. Each pair is lightweight and ergonomically designed to comfortablly fit into your hand while hairdressing.
Joewell is a well-known and award winning brand in Canada and this allows them to stand out amongst all other brands as the leader in professional hair cutting, thinning and texturizing tools. Out of all of their scissors, the HXG-20 is their flagship texturizing scissor that features premium Japanese steel, and flat teeth that captures hair effortlessly.
Joewell HXG-20 Hair Thinning & Texturizing Scissors
- Price: $649 CAD
- Sizes: 5.9”
- Types: Thinning & Texturizing
- Scissor Handle: Straight/Classic Ergonomics
- Steel: Japanese Stainless Alloy Steel
- Blade: 20 Teeth
- Cut Ratio: 15-20% Cut Ratio
- Screw: Precision Flat Screw
- Extras: Double Removable Finger Rest, Thin Adjustable Tension System, Super Oil Polymer Pivot Point and a Large size finger hole
- Rating: ★★★★
- Review: The HXG-20 Joewell scissors feel as great as they look. Experienced hairstylists know how hard it is to find a reliable and trusted hair thinning shear that has smooth blade motions, is silent, doesn’t have teeth stopping the blade from closing, and easily catches hair. I felt like going from a Toyota Camry to a Porsche when I first tried out the Joewell HXG shears. They are lightweight, but each texturizing motion capture hair at all the right angles. The finger hole was larger than normal, but I got a good grip by putting in a few finger inserts. One of the best Japanese texturizing shears I have ever used!
The Joewell HXG-20 is a powerful tool for Canadian hairstylists tired of dealing with poor quality thinning scisor or texturizing razors.
The root of this scissor’s blade has been extended, and there aren’t any grooves at the top, making it easier to catch hair in one piece as you cut or trim vertically/diagonally without clumps falling out everywhere!
It also features super oil polymer pivot points which make opening & closing smoother than ever before - no more sticking because its patented design ensures everything stays put, whether during sharp cuts or squeaky clean lines.